John Burns Statue at Gettysburg Memorial Battlefield

 

Civil War soldier monument at Gettysburg, Pa. I took this picture in 1979 on TriX Pan film. The image has been recaptured digitally from a print since the negative was lost along with hundreds of others of my photos. In the intervening years the statue has been cleaned and polished to its original bronze luster. I feel the weathered version of this man holds a far greater emotion.

I recently (2022) revisited Gettysburg battlefield memorial and reshot several pictures I originally did in 1979. This one is John Burns from 1979 before it was cleaned and restored. That face speaks volumes about the plight of men in that tragic war. Photo by Robert Carlson

You can find hundreds of my photographs in the ClickaSnap platform at my profile name "Lens4anEye". Please stop by and enjoy the collections.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It just Goes to Show Ya, You Never Know

Left Brain - Right Brain

Photo Selling Platform